CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday

When Two Worlds Collide

Here is another picture that I happened upon from Sydney/PNG. The airport screening somehow transposed the film onto each other, but what an interesting collision between the two worlds of a mainstream and a third-world country.


What I particularly want you to notice is the resemblance between the girl (I don't know who she is) who is standing in the same area as the queen's wax sculpture. Take note of her facial features and how her stance is with that of the queen's behind/in front of her. It almost gives me the feeling of a time warp! Amazing. Actually, this pack of warped film is some of my favorite from the trip, because well, it's trippy.

2 comments:

Katie Booker said...

Hello. I found your blog through PJ's. I saw the pictures of your trip to Aus and PNG...my brother went on this trip. He is in the warped picture to the far right. You would probably remember him better as the one who had the seizure in the airport and had to be taken to the hospital.

Anyways, it was neat to see pictures from back then.
I will continue to read your blog now!

Mrs. Willman said...

Hi Katie. Yes, as I was reading your blog I told my husband that your brother was the one that had the seizure, and then you mentioned it as well. That was pretty scary. I let myself get dehydrated once and had a big one like that too...years ago.
You are welcome to visit anytime! Thanx for stopping by.