CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday

Opportunity

It looks like I may have to opportunity to help teach English to a Chinese family here in town! Isn't that exciting? The Chinese culture in itself is an education loving people, and many are taught in whole language (a teaching style that embrases comprehension rather than enunciation) and does not focus on correct pronunciation (phonics). Therefore, I may be helping this family in the line of phonics. I'm excited, although it will take yet another night out of my week. John says to just get used to it because it's not going to slow down any. Here we go....

2 comments:

Shane Eccles said...

Best of luck to you, any chance of bringing them to church with you?

Mrs. Willman said...

Well, from what I hear they are an education minded culture, so bringing them to church would be either connected to education or their children. We'll see.