CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday

Lucky to be Alive!


My brothers love to ride bikes. One has a triumph, the other two have harleys. Bikes have been a part of our family for as long as I can remember. I even rode little scooters, dirt bikes, three wheelers and quads as a child. My brothers raced them.
Anyway, there is a saying that says, "It's not wither or not you're gonna go down, it's when you're gonna go down." Well, Brendan went down yesterday at about 60mph. That's how fast he said he was going, but hey, he was going down (or up?) Sample road on a bike, and hey, he's my brother, so I guess that could mean he was going at least 70? Or maybe I should just believe the 60...He was riding alone and someone delivering medical supplies just happened to drive up and find him in the road.
Well, he's alive to tell about it and that's what matters. He has a horrible road rash on his back and his hand and foot are swollen. He had a concussion and was loosing his eyesight at times after it happened, but did I tell you that he's my brother? Yep. He plans on going to the wrecking yard today to pick up his bike. Crazy I tell you. He's a little upset that the forks are bent on his bike.
All I can say is that God is merciful because it would be horrible if we lost him. It was sure good to hear his voice this morning. Just pray for him, he's going to be in a lot of pain for a while, and needless to say, out of work as well.

0 comments: